Listen to win tickets
Sign up here to win 4 tickets, dinner for 4 at Ike’s in Abilene beforehand, and 2 pairs of Wrangler jeans
Wild Bill Hickok Rodeo in Abilene August 2-5, 2017
- The rodeo begins at 7:30 pm each night.
- This is the 72nd year of the Wild Bill Hickok Rodeo.
- The parade is at 4 pm on Thursday, August 3.
- See Miss Rodeo K-State in the parade, at the rodeo, and get her autograph (plus the rodeo clown and bullfighters’) after each night of rodeo!
- Watch 425 cowboys and cowgirls, world champs and the young contenders, compete in bareback riding, tie down roping, steer wrestling, saddle bronc riding, team roping, women’s barrel racing, and bull riding.
- Last year, the rodeo paid out over $80,000 to the winning cowboys and cowgirls.
- The rodeo is held in conjunction with the Central Kansas Free Fair, August 2-7.
- Carnival is August 2-6.
- Stroll through the fair and enjoy: chainsaw artist, hot dog eating contest, arm wrestling contests, talent show, youth pedal power pull, and more!
- Great fair food! Sno cones, cotton candy, barbecued and smoked meats, brisket nachos, Indian tacos, and more!
- Tough Enough to Wear Pink night, to raise awareness of cancer, is Friday, August 4. Donations will be gathered for the Elsie Brooks Memorial Cancer Fund of Dickinson County. In the last nine years, over$28,000 has been raised to help cancer patients in Dickinson Co.
- Tickets are available online at www.ckff.net, at area retailers, and at the gate.
- Rodeo tickets are $10 for adult advanced sales and $13 at the gate. Kids ages 4-10 are $7.